Dwight Capital Closes Record in 2020 with Over $ 3.6 Billion in Real Estate Financing in 43 States
NEW YORK, NY – 2020 was Dwight Capital’s strongest year to date, with more than $ 3.6 billion in real estate financings (including interest rate cuts) covering 43 states. Dwight increased its service volume to over $ 6 billion under management and was once again one of the nation’s most active direct HUD lenders, continuing its industry leading position as the top 5 HUD lenders for the sixth consecutive year.
Dwight’s overall lending volume has more than tripled since 2019, and the company closed a record month with more than $ 565.84 million in funding in December. In addition, Dwight Capital acquired Love Funding, another leading HUD loan company, in late FY2020 from HUD. The acquisition of Love Funding was a strategic move that allowed Dwight to strengthen its operational expertise by adding key leaders in management, underwriting, asset management and closing. .
Some notable deals for 2020 included:
- $ 102.2 million in HUD 223 (a) (7) loans for a multi-family portfolio comprising 1,169 units in Maryland.
- $ 74.99 million HUD 223 (f) loan for Copper Creek Apartments, a 608 unit garden-style apartment complex located in Las Vegas, NV. As of February 2020, this was the largest HUD loan made in the state of Nevada.
- $ 74.4MM 223 (f) loan for Baxter Crossings Apartments, a 694 unit garden-style apartment complex located in Chesterfield, MO. The loan closed in January as the largest refinancing of HUD 223 (f) in the state of Missouri to date.
- $ 55.1 million HUD 221 (d) (4) new construction loan for Aviva – Goodyear, a 288-unit apartment community project in Goodyear, Arizona.
- $ 51.39 million HUD 223 (a) (7) loan for 5151 Downtown Littleton, a 350-unit luxury apartment community located in Littleton, CO.
- $ 49M HUD 223 (f) loan for Remington Apartments, a 472 unit garden-style apartment complex located in St. Charles, MO.
- $ 48.96 million HUD 223 (f) loan for Tamaron Ranch, a 266 unit garden-style apartment complex located in Lynnwood, WA.
- Substantial $ 44.5 million renovation loan for The Residences at First National, a 193-unit multi-family property project located in the iconic First National Bank Tower in the heart of downtown Oklahoma City.
- $ 42.34 million HUD 223 (f) loan for Belleau Woods, a 339-unit garden-style apartment complex in Bellingham, WA.
- $ 40 million HUD 223 (f) loan for Villas at Sunrise Mountains, a 304 unit gated apartment community in Las Vegas, NV.
- $ 39.99 million HUD 223 (a) (7) loan for the Enclave at Box Hill, a 240-unit, market-rate luxury apartment complex in Abingdon, Maryland.
- $ 37.14 million HUD 223 (f) loan for Village at Baker Creek, a 256-unit garden-style apartment community located in Bellingham, WA.
- $ 36.17 million HUD 223 (a) (7) loan for Willina Ranch Apartments, a 175-unit luxury apartment community located in Bothell, WA.
- $ 35.42 million HUD 223 (a) (7) loan for Farmers Market Harvest Lofts, a 240-unit apartment complex located adjacent to the recently revived Dallas Farmers Market in Dallas, TX.
- $ 34.96 million HUD 221 (d) (4) new construction loan for Renaissance Apartments, a proposed 198-unit mixed-use apartment complex located in Wilmington, North Carolina.
“We’re all very proud of what we’ve accomplished in 2020. Yes, it was an absolute record year for lending volume, but that’s only a small part of the story,” said Josh Sasouness, co-CEO of Dwight Capital. “About four months ago, we acquired a long-time leader in Love Funding, we have grown our team by 35%, and no one has missed a single responsibility with the tripling of lending volume. last year. Continuous evolution is our main theme at Dwight, and I don’t think we could have demonstrated it better in 2020. ”
About Dwight Capital: Dwight Capital LLC is one of the largest commercial real estate finance companies in the United States. Our range of services includes commercial loans on a variety of platforms such as FHA / HUD, Bridge and Mezzanine financing, as well as senior equity for stabilized properties and new construction. Dwight Capital is also one of the largest FHA / HUD lenders for multi-family and healthcare properties in the United States and services over $ 6 billion in commercial real estate loans.
For more information on Dwight Capital, please visit: www.dwightcapital.com