Prep Championship Central: Lone Peak Men’s Tennis Raises the Dynasty; Grantsville doubles in 3A baseball and softball
SALT LAKE CITY – It has been a long way to the end of the 2020-2021 school year, both in the classroom and on the court, court and field.
For these teams, the journey ends here.
Follow the recap for each final of the Utah High School Activities Association Spring Championships, including baseball, softball, lacrosse, tennis, track and field and men’s soccer.
Click on each link below for more information. Check back regularly for updates throughout the last three weeks of the school year.
3A Championship: Grantsville erupts early in Game 2 to win 2nd 3A baseball title in 4 years
- “All year we haven’t made it easy. We came back to win and won some tough games,” said Cowboys coach Aaron Perkins, whose team canceled an 8-point deficit. Friday against Richfield before retaining Carbon. a series of two games on Saturday afternoon. “I said it wouldn’t do us justice to win in the first one. We’ve been doing it all year, and I love the way it turned out.”
2A Championship: Upstart Beaver strings together 5 wins in 2 days to win the school’s first baseball title
- Crayton Hollinshead went 2-for-5 with two doubles in Game 2, and Jake Eichorn was 2-for-3 with two doubles for the Beavers, who won three games in a historic championship on Saturday.
6A Championship: Lone Peak dominates for fifth consecutive tennis title
- The Region 4 powerhouse won titles in the 1st (TJ Wells) & 3rd (Griffin Karras) in Singles, and 1st (Nate Ashton & Brayden Blodgett) and 2nd (Lucas Jackson & Isaac Downs) Doubles.
Championship 4A: Crimson Cliffs sweeps singles for first tennis title in school history
- Max Miner dominated to win the first single, Zachary Sodorff won the second single and Liam Duffin won the third single to complete the sweep.
3A Championship: Grantsville celebrates two titles with 4th consecutive 3A Championship
- The Cowboys softball team had just made the trip from Spanish Fork to West Jordan to join their baseball counterparts – hours after winning their own championship.
Championship 2A: Enterprise wins back-to-back titles
- Winning pitcher Blakelee Christiansen scattered four hits in seven innings with six strikeouts to help Wolves win back-to-back 2A championships on Saturday afternoon at the Spanish Fork Complex.
6A Championship: After a long wait, women’s golf Davis rewarded with its first title in 6 years
- Victoria Castro and teammate Cheyenne Hansen each finished in the top five, and Davis held on to clinch her first Class 6A women’s golf state title since 2015 in one shot Tuesday afternoon at The Ridge in West Valley. .
5A Championship: Timpview crosses to repeat the 5A title
- Sunbin Seo carded his own scorching 68 to finish with a two-day total of 7 under par 139 to lead the Thunderbirds to a third consecutive tag team title (or second in the UHSAA record books) in the competition of ‘Class 5A condition at The Oaks. at Spanish Fork.
4A Championship: Dixie’s Millard, Pine View girls run away with 4A State golf meet
- Annabelle Millard of Dixie broke a career low of 65 to finish 8 under par 136 for medalist honors, and Pine View placed three golfers in the top 11 to reach her first ever tag team title. program history by 26 strokes Thursday at Meadow Brook Golf Course.
Championship 3A: Richfield’s Harris survives playoffs for medal honors, leading Wildcats to 3rd consecutive tag team title
- Richfield’s Piper Harris fought off Morgan’s Ellie DeMond in the playoffs to win medal honors and help the Wildcats achieve the Class 3A state title at Mountain View Golf Course in western Jordan.