Preview: Santa Clara vs Pacos de Ferreira – prediction, team news, line-ups
Sports Mole previews Sunday’s Primeira Liga clash between Santa Clara and Pacos de Ferreira, including predictions, team news and possible line-ups.
Two teams separated by just one point and two places in the top half of the Primeira Liga table clash when Santa Clara and Pacos de Ferreira will face off on Sunday at the Estadio de Sao Miguel.
The visitors will come into the game looking to complete a first-ever league double against Os Acoreanos after securing a 2-1 win when the sides met in the reverse game in December.
Santa Clara was involved in a share of the spoils for Game 3 on the rebound last Sunday in a 1-1 draw against Vitoria de Guimaraes.
In a suspicious case at the Dom Afonso Henriques, Oscar Estupinan struck in the 32nd minute to put the hosts ahead before half-time but allan converted his penalty in the 55th minute to ensure the honors were shared.
Santa Clara are now winless in all but one of their last seven outings – drawing five and losing one – with a 2-0 victory over Estoril Praia on April 10 being the sole exception.
With 37 points in 32 games so far, Mario SilvaThe men are currently 10th in the Primeira Liga table, level on points with Maritimo and Boavista and one point behind Sunday’s visitors in seventh place.
Meanwhile, Pacos de Ferreira failed to find his feet last time out as he could only settle for a somewhat disappointing 1-1 draw with 16th-placed Tondela at the Capital Municipal Stadium. do Movel.
Although he was on the back foot for most of the game, Salvador Agra gave the visitors the lead against the run of play in the 32nd minute, but replaced Lucas Silva struck in the 92nd minute to force a share of the spoils.
Pacos de Ferreira hasn’t tasted victory in his last three outings, picking up two points from a possible nine since winning 2-0 at home to Maritimo on April 9.
While Cesar PeixotoThe team will be looking to end this drought, the next step is an opposition side who have been unbeaten at home since last December, winning six and drawing four in 10 games since a 3-0 loss to the league leaders Porto in November. .
Form of the Santa Clara Primeira Liga:
Form of Pacos de Ferreira Primeira Liga:
Santa Clara will enter the pitch without the services of the Portuguese midfielder Costinhaout since last August with an Achilles tendon injury.
He is joined on the Os Acoreanos injury chart by the veteran keeper Marco Pereirawho is expected to miss his second game in a row, which means Ricardo Fernandes is set to start in goal for just the fourth time this season.
Pacos de Ferreira’s injury list is heavier in comparison than the likes of Joao Vigario, jorge silva and N’Dri Philippe Koffi were all excluded from the meeting this weekend.
Peixoto will also not be able to call on the Brazilian duo of Flavio Ramos and Maracaswho are recovering from muscle and ankle injuries respectively.
Former Atlético Madrid midfielder Nicolas Gaitan also missing for the Pacenses after picking up a muscle problem in the 2-0 loss to Sporting Lisbon on April 3.
Possible starting line-up from Santa Clara:
Ferreira; Antunes, Lima, Maracas, Delgado; Carlos, Pires, Santos; Ferreira, Uilton, Butzke
Pacos de Ferreira possible starting composition:
Pereira; Sagna, Villanueva, Boateng, Mansur; Carvalho, Nene; Costa, Ricardinho, Allano; Tagawa
We say: Santa Clara 2-1 Pacos de Ferreira
Santa Clara head into the weekend unbeaten at home since early December and will be backing each other to keep this great run going as they take on a struggling Pacos de Ferreira side. While we expect the Pacenses to fight back, we predict Santa Clara will walk away with all three points in this one.
Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests that the most likely outcome of this match is a Santa Clara win with a probability of 54.16%. A draw has a probability of 23.8% and a win for Pacos de Ferreira has a probability of 22.03%.
The most likely score is Santa Clara 1-1 Pacos de Ferreira with a probability of 11.31% and the second most likely score is Santa Clara 1-0 Pacos de Ferreira with a probability of 11.22%.