Road works this week – Times News Online
Published on July 31, 2022 at 9:48 p.m.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation announces the following roadwork for the remainder of the week:
• Townships of Banks and Packer, Spring Mountain Road between Highway 93 and Quakake Road, paving, lane restrictions during the day, Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Whitehall Township, Route 22, 15th Street and PA 145/Seventh Street/MacArthur Road, milling and paving at night. Motorists should expect weekday lane restrictions between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Route 22 East and West between 15th Street and Route 145/MacArthur Road/Seventh Street for the US 22 Causeway Reconstruction Project In progress. Expect delays and be careful driving through construction zones.
• Interstate 78 between: Exit 49 (PA 100) and Exit 54 (US 222), 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. through Friday, lane restrictions in both directions for construction work, including replacement of the median barrier, maintenance of the existing drainage system, accelerated patchwork of the concrete pavement, paving, leveling of the guide rails, signage and marking of the pavement. Expect delays and exercise caution when traveling through construction zones.
• Route 22, between Cedar Crest Boulevard and Route 145/Seventh Street/MacArthur Road, ramp closures at Route 22 interchange with 15th Street. Work will take place from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. This work is part of the ongoing Highway 22 resurfacing project. Expect delays and exercise caution when driving through work areas.
• Interstate 78, between exit 55 (Route 29) and the Northampton County line, lane restrictions on I-78 east and west. Expect delays and exercise caution when driving in the work area from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday through Friday.
• Interstate 78, between: Exit 49 (Highway 100) and Northampton County line, freeway beautification, shoulder work. It will be a moving operation. Watch for slow-moving vehicles entering or exiting the freeway from the shoulders on I-78 east or west, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. through Friday.
• Bethlehem and Palmer Townships, Route 22, between the 25th Street Interchange and the Bethman Road Overpass, paving overnight, through Thursday, 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
• Lower Saucon, Bethlehem and Williams Townships, Interstate 78 West, between: Exit 75 (to PA 611) and Exit 60 (PA 309), shoulder facing west, 9 am to 2 pm Tuesday.
• Lower Saucon, Bethlehem and Williams Townships, Interstate 78 East, between Exit 60 (PA 309) and Exit 75 (Vers PA 611), eastbound shoulder work, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Wednesday.
• Township of Lehigh, Indian Trail, between Route 248 and Walnut Drive, 9 am to 2 pm Monday.
• Township of Lehigh, Elm Drive, between Blue Mountain Drive and Walnut Drive, lane restrictions. Expect delays and be careful driving in the work area, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday.
• Township of Lehigh, Maple Drive, Route 248 and Mountain View Drive, Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm.
• Township of Ross, Kunkletown Road between old Highway 115 and Weir Lake Road, lane restrictions for road base repairs. Expect delays and please exercise caution when driving in the construction area, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
• Townships of Butler and West Mahanoy, Route 54 between Girardville Borough and Shenandoah Borough, patching of potholes, from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Townships of Butler and West Mahanoy, Route 54 between the Borough of Girardville and Chemin Raven Run, shoulder/widening work, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday to Friday.