Spartans win series, but fall to Fresno State on Sunday
— San Jose State Baseball (@SanJoseStateBSB) May 8, 2022
BOX SCORE (PDF)
SAN JOSE, CA. – Dalton bowling went 2 for 4 with an RBI and Robert Hamchuk went 2-for-5 with an RBI to lead San Jose State (26-22, 15-12 Mountain West) in a 7-4 loss to Fresno State (24-24, 12-12 MW) Sunday afternoon at Excite Ballpark .
- Hamchuk has six consecutive multi-hit games and nine RBIs in his last eight games, including three homers in the last three games
- Hamchuk now has 38 RBIs and is tied for second on the team
- Ruben Mercado had one RBI and has nine RBIs in the last seven games
- Reece Hernandez went 2 for 4 with an RBI single and has three RBIs in the past two games
- Dalton bowling hit an RBI single and is tied for second on the team with 38
- HPL Corey Sanchez went 3.0 innings without leaving a run, had no walks, and struck out four relief strikes
- Jack Colette hit a double and score a run
- James Shimashita also scored a point
- The Spartans are a half game clear of the Bulldogs for third in the Mountain West standings and it’s their first series win over Fresno State since 2019 after winning the first two games of the weekend series. -end.
Next game: The Spartans travel to Santa Clara next week for a single game Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
Next home series: The Spartans wrap up their regular season campaign by hosting Sacramento State for a two-game series starting May 20 and tickets can be purchased here.